The VISION COACH may be effectively incorporated into individualized Optometric Vision Therapy Programs for the development and enhancement of:
- EYE MOVEMENT CONTROL
- GOOD FOCUSING SKILLS
- DYNAMIC VISUAL ACUITY
- CENTRAL / PERIPHERAL AWARENESS AND INTEGRATION
- SPATIAL AWARENESS
- VISUAL RECOGNITION AND REACTION
- VISUAL MEMORY
- VISUAL CONCENTRATION
- EYE-HAND-BODY COORDINATION
- SENSORY INTEGRATION
- GROSS AND FINE MOTOR SKILLS
- BALANCE AND COORDINATION OF MOVEMENT
- ENDURANCE AND STAMINA
- COGNITION AND REVERSALS EDUCATION
The VISION COACH was developed by an Optometric Vision Therapist, whose knowledge of the visual system and one-on-one experience with a variety of patients, gave insight into specific requirements desired for designing such a device for Vision Therapy.
The VISION COACH offers key features favorable for the Vision Therapy Practice, such as:
- Large Working Surface - 50” x 34”
- Black Matte Non-Glare Working Surface - essential for TBI patients
- Use in any type light setting-ambient lighting not required
- Flat Surface - Cavicide wipes may be used to sanitize after each use
- No Visual Cues for a true assessment of the patients abilities
- 11 Distinctive Visual Fields - including a Sequential Pattern
- 12 Speed Options - including Speed “zero”
- 120 Lights with 7 Settings
- Fixator Light for Central - Peripheral and Divided Attention Tasks
- Silkscreened Letters and Numbers for Cognitive and Reversals Training
- Program Red, Green, or Red and Green Lights
- Top Quality Red/Blue Goggles - Sensory Sensitive Frames in
Adult and Pediatric sizes
- Wall Mounted Counter Weight Slider - effortless height adjustment
from floor to ceiling
- Secure Mounting - stability for those with vestibular issues
- Minimal Space Required - fits onto any standard 8’ wall, with entire
unit just 3” off wall
- No External Connections Required - clutter free working area for patients
- State-Of-The-Art High Reliability Device
- Advanced Technology
- Optional Wi-Fi Package
- USB Port for future program upgrades and Data Collection
- Easy Read-Color Print Program
- Manufactured and Serviced in the USA!
The American Optometric Association (AOA) considers Vision Therapy an integral part of Optometric practice. Optometric Vision Therapy is a special program of vision training tailored for an individual, and is conducted under the supervision of a Behavioral Optometrist. This training is usually done in a Doctors, therapists or trainers office on a regularly scheduled basis.
The visual system is responsible for gathering over 80% of all information fed to the muscular skeletal system
Some may think Optometric Vision Therapy is merely "eye exercises". Nothing could be further from the truth. The eye muscles are incredibly strong: subsequently, the true goal of Vision Therapy is to modify and improve the way visual data is processed by the brain and utilized by the body. Medical studies support disruption in the manner which visual information is processed leads to a wide variety of disorders, many of which can be effectively addressed by Optometric Vision Therapy. Vision Therapy can be helpful to those with Strabismus, Amblyopia, Learning Related Vision Problems, Developmental Delays, Autism, ADD, ADHD, and Dyslexia to name a few. Depending on the needs of the patient, and the nature of the treatment, therapeutic procedures may help develop or improve; fundamental vision abilities, the ease and efficiency of eye coordination, and the processing and interpretation of visual data.
The VISION COACH can be utilized successfully in Optometric Vision Therapy to address visual dysfunctions.
To view our rehabilitation brochure click here.